Imagine an ideal vacation. It’s a place where you can go skiing in the winter on slopes that attract people from all over the world. It’s also a summer destination brimming with lakes, wildlife and hiking trails. Even those that don’t enjoy the slopes or trails love this place for its serene pace of life, outstanding dining, and boutique shops. Accommodations are more than affordable thanks to the many vacation homes available, along with Airbnbs, chalets, cabins, and mountain lodges. To visit such a place surely you would have to hop on a plane and fly across the country, right? Not at all! This place is Canmore, and these days more and more Albertans are discovering why tourists have been coming here for years.
Even before the pandemic had us looking at staycations rather than flying abroad, Canmore was gaining in popularity with Alberta locals, and for good reasons.
Canmore has everything you want:
- Easy access: Canmore is a four hour drive from Edmonton and just an hour and a half from Calgary. It’s on a major (and scenic) highway, making driving here fun and easy.
- Lakes and more lakes: It takes a lot of time and money to get to Kelowna or the Shuswap just for the lake experience. Why do that when there are plenty of beautiful lakes in Canmore? Why pin your one yearly vacation in a different province when Canmore is close enough to enjoy all summer long? In Canmore, you can afford to go to the lake every weekend by simply driving up from Calgary or buying a vacation home.
- Year-round destination: Go to Canmore in the winter to take advantage of world-class skiing and snowboarding. It’s also your summer destination for boating and rafting, hiking, bird watching, and sipping something nice on a patio.
- Accommodations: Ever been to a resort where you can have fun outside but then return to a cramped room that the whole family must share? And there is only one bathroom? Canmore’s cabins, chalets, vacation homes, and lodges are roomy and affordable. Your teen will like having her own bedroom during your stay – as will mom and dad!
- Shopping: Move over 5th Ave! You don’t need to fly out of the country for a one-of-a-kind shopping experience. Canmore’s boutique shopping includes a quaint bookstore, craft beer, home made jewellery, handcrafted soap and more – all with the flavor and flair of the mountains.
Visit or Live Here – Your Choice
As we transition to a work-from-home reality, or move up our retirement to escape office life, more Albertans are realizing that this ideal vacation spot also makes a wonderful full-time home. You will feel like you are on vacation every day with the ability to hike around a lake in the morning, get your coffee from an independent roaster, and have the shops and services (including medical) you need in town, while being just a short drive from a major city.
Canmore is more than a tourist destination. It’s a jewel of Alberta and its been in our backyard all along. Now is the time to discover Canmore. Visit today. You may never want to leave.
Whether you are looking in Canmore for a vacation home or a place to call home, Lori Mitchell & Associates can help. Contact us today to learn more.Posted by Lori Mitchell on