A Home buyers guide
Whether you’re looking for a forever home, weekend retreat, pre-retirement property, or revenue generating investment property, Canmore has a wide variety of opportunities. With over 22 years of combined experience we have the resources, ability, and commitment to get you the best results. It's our job to know about the latest market conditions, government regulations, and upcoming developments while looking after your best interests and making this experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible… All at no additional cost to you!
It’s important you find an agent that is willing and ready to do the work! We are committed to keeping you informed and educated on the current market conditions, find you properties best suited for your requirements, show you only the most promising homes, and negotiating fiercely on your behalf.
If you're not quite ready to start house hunting, we can set up a tailored search for you to get live listing updates right to your email. Never miss out on new listings or sales! You'll be able to track the market at your own pace seeing both listing and sale prices of your favorites. To get set up please contact us and tell us what search criteria you'd like to see such as the # of bedrooms, price range, zoning category, etc.
If you're ready to start house hunting, you can search real estate listings now. To start working with an agent, please contact us.
Our Resource Toolkit
Working with our buyers and understanding their needs has allowed us to put together an extensive library of resources for our buyers to benefit from. From home inspectors to lawyers, or daycare programs to cleaners, there are many helpful recommendations you may need throughout the home buying and moving process. For more details on the tips and tricks we have available contact us.
Our monthly newsletters keep you informed on local activities, market changes, new and upcoming listings, and helpful homeownership tips.
Our team is also well versed in new construction opportunities. Quite often we have potential future developments that we can share exclusively with our clients. We share market stats that provide clarity on buyer and seller activity and provide insight on upcoming legislation or restrictions that may have new implications to you as a buyer.
Our Buyer Strategy
- Initial Meeting
- Establishing what you want in a property
- Determine your budget
- Gaining an understanding of the current market conditions
- Review the duties and expectations of both parties
- Review the Buyers Package and contracts
- Beginning Your Property Search
- Custom email notifications for new listings within your criteria
- Exploring properties of interest by providing additional details, answering any questions, and arrange showings for desired properties
- Start exploring your financing options and get in touch with your bank or one of our highly recommended mortgage brokers
- Putting Together An Offer
- Create a Comparative Market Analysis to review recent sales and active listings to help determine your offer price
- Review all the contract terms and expectations of all parties
- We advise on deposit structures and what terms or conditions should be included or considered
- Pull and review title upon writing
- Negotiation and Acceptance
- Presenting the offer to the sellers agent
- Strategically navigate counter negotiations and address any contract amendments
- Collect the necessary deposits upon acceptance
- Begin the condition period whether that means scheduling home inspections, contacting a lawyer, collecting condo documents, etc...
- Collect all final deposits
- Securing a lawyer to represent you throughout the closing process
- Provide resources on utility companies, movers, storing options, cleaners and any other
- Schedule and accompany you through a pre-possession walkthrough to ensure the property is in good condition before releasing the remaining funds to the lawyer.
There are several contracts that are used when buying a home. We've created a buyers package that we encourage all of our clients to familiarize themselves with. From purchase contracts to representation agreements, we take the time to go through everything in detail.